Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Shane Claiborne coming to Roots


It’s way,way...way off, but it’s exciting to hear that Shane Claiborne will be speaking at The UK Salvation Army’s Roots conference next year. The theme for 2008 is “Going Public”

I’m yet to have read his book The Irresistible Revolution - living as an ordinary radical, but Shane sounds like the kind of guy that should be given a hearing at Roots, so I’m pleased he’s going to be there.

For more on Shane Claiborne & his ministry, check out The Simple Way

If you were planning on going, it’s best to book early, as there are usually is a “sooner you book, the less you pay” deal in place.


Other speakers will include Nims Obunge and Jeff Lucas.

5 comments:

Kevin said...

You thinking about roots already. I thought it was only me (and John Musgrave) who did that.

Johnny said...

...gotta get the buzz going! ;-)

Duncan said...

it's an awesome book, you should read it next!

Johnny said...

Yeah - I think I will..got a little pile to get through first, Duncan :-)

Anonymous said...

Irresistible revolution is a fantastic book. Will be interested to know how you find it. I'm so looking forward to hearing Shame speak at Roots.

Vicki Adams