Saturday, February 06, 2010

Hat Tip to theWeir



I’ve been doing a lot...A LOT...of reading blogs about blogging in recent days. There’s some excellent stuff out there, which has been helpful, inspiring and tangibly positive as I move ahead in the journey I’m on at the moment.

(If you don’t know anything about the journey, there’s some stuff here and here, which will at least give some background)

I’m working on a post that will summarize the places that I’ve found personally useful at some point very soon.

That said, it was refreshing that one of the blogs I’m finding myself completely blown away by is Chris Guillebea’s quite brilliant The Art of Non Conformity – Unconventional Strategies for Life Work and Travel.

This is not about blogging per se, but is the more expansive story of Chris’ life as a writer, traveller, and un- conventionalist. There’s so much good stuff that I just have to keep going back.

I have to say a big
Thank you!
to theWeiryeah, I know! I don’t get the name thing yet either - for introducing me to The Art of Non Conformity, as well as reminding me that I really must get round to reading Chris Brogan and Julien Smith’s Trust Agents

Hat Tip to theWeir for the image

4 comments:

theWeir said...

You are very welcome.

I came across Chris' first manifesto on following an innocuous link from Seth Godin about 18 months ago.

There was such a challenge in that book - one that is echoed in Trust Agents, Tribes & from what I can tell Linchpin too.

Basically - do what you're passionate about.

I caveat that with Augustine's phrase "love God and do what you want" - chew on that for a week. (at least I think it was Augustine...)

And yes, an explanation is coming for theWeir. I'm trying to make it seem better than it is. ;->

Jonathan Blundell said...

Chris' site and books are excellent! Love his manifestos and more.
Zen Habits has a great interview with him this week as well...

http://zenhabits.net/2010/02/unconventional-business/

Johnny said...

Cheers guys.

I'll check the Zen Habits interview.

Gracias!

J

theWeir said...

And here it is: why theWeir: http://ow.ly/14YVg